[Cake] [Bloat] Fwd: [Galene] Dave on bufferbloat and jitter at 8pm CET Tuesday 23

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Feb 25 05:30:03 EST 2021

"Nils Andreas Svee" <me at lochnair.net> writes:

> I ran it on my router though, which has a decent amount of TCP flows running at any given time.
> It's all going over a wg tunnel though, that might be wonky for all I
> know.

Ah, wireguard doesn't have XDP support, so that's likely not going to
work; and if you run it on the physical interface, even if you didn't
get driver errors, the tool would just see the encrypted packets which
is not terribly helpful (it parses TCP timestamps to match
incoming/outgoing packets and compute the RTT).

I guess we should be more flexible about which hooks we support, so it
can also be used on devices with no XDP support. Adding in Simon, who is
writing the code; I think he is focused on getting a couple of other
features done first, but this could go on the TODO list :)

-Toke