[Cake] [Bloat] Fwd: [Galene] Dave on bufferbloat and jitter at 8pm CET Tuesday 23

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Feb 26 12:14:07 EST 2021

Hi Roland,

are you sure that BBRv2 actually evaluates CE marks and responds to them? As far as I understood, BBR is simply not rfc3168 compliant, there was some talk about teaching BBRv2+ some still to be defined high frequency (low amplitude) ECN signaling.

The thing I fail to understand is, why BBR with its cavalier approach to drops did not grow ECN support on day one. While a drop could have a lot of reasons, including transient/stray wifi losses, a CE mark is less ambiguous.