[Cake] quantum configuration

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:46:56 EST 2021

I have kind of thought we could scale the quantum much higher as we
crack 200mbit to see if that helps on performance.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 5:26 AM Toke Høiland-Jørgensen via Cake
<cake at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> Luca Muscariello <muscariello at ieee.org> writes:
>
> > Is there a reason why in cake the quantum cannot be configured to a
> > different value like in fq_codel?
>
> I think this was mostly to be as no-knob as possible; so the quantum is
> auto-scaled with the tin bandwidths, instead of being configurable.
>
> Jonathan can probably expand on this...
>
> -Toke

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729