[Cake] STEAM tcp algo from CDN?

Nils Andreas Svee me at lochnair.net
Tue Mar 9 19:31:07 EST 2021

On Wed, 2021-03-10 at 01:14 +0200, Jonathan Morton wrote:
> > On 9 Mar, 2021, at 10:20 pm, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 10-20 flows, cubic, last I looked. It's ugly.
>
> I can't confirm CUBIC from here, but it seems to be 4-8 flows in
> parallel now.  Latency to the national CDN is about 22ms over LTE, so
> it's hard to distinguish CUBIC from anything else in particular; in
> this range it would look a lot like NewReno.  It seems to shut down
> each flow and start a fresh one after about a minute.
Seeing somewhere between 8-16 here I believe. IIRC I've seen you
mention being located in Finland, if so we're probably on the same
datacenter in Stockholm.

The flows are probably not lasting long because the downloads are split
into chunks, which according to my logs are at most 1 MB. Patches seem
to work differently, those can be much larger (logs shows the largest
one the past months was 137 MB, depends on the game I assume).

--
Best Regards,
Nils