[Cake] tossing acks into the background queue

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 03:06:53 EST 2021

Hi Dave,

On 23 November 2021 08:32:06 CET, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>The context of my question is basically this:
>
>Is cake baked? Is it done?

How about per MAC address fairness (useful for ISPs and to treat IPv4/6 equally)?

How about configurable number of queues (again helpful for ISPs)?

IMHO cake works pretty well, with the biggest issue being its CPU demands. As far as I understand however, that is caused by the shaper component and there low latency and throughput are in direct competition, if we want to lower the CPU latency demands we need to allow for bigger buffers that keep the link busy even if cake itself is not scheduled as precisely as we would desire or as e.g. BQL requires.

Regards
         Sebastian