[Cake] cake ingress switch

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Feb 26 15:10:06 EST 2022

Jim Geo <dim.geo at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Was it the function of ingress argument in cake?
> Checking online man pages, I couldn't find an explanation.
> Does it make sense to use it on an ifb device? (sending ingress
> traffic through it)

Yes, that's exactly what it's meant for. The option changes cake's
accounting so that packets that are dropped are accounted as part of the
effective bandwidth of the link (since on ingress, even if they're
dropped they have already traversed the bottleneck link). This should
help keep the bottleneck under tighter control...

-Toke