[Cake] [Bloat] The most wonderful video ever about bufferbloat

Taraldsen Erik erik.taraldsen at telenor.no
Mon Oct 10 05:32:47 EDT 2022

On 10/10/2022, 11:09, "Sebastian Moeller" <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:

    Nice!

    > On Oct 10, 2022, at 07:52, Taraldsen Erik via Cake <cake at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
    >
    > It took about 3 hours from the video was release before we got the first request to have SQM on the CPE's  we manage as a ISP.  Finally getting some customer response on the issue.

    	[SM] Will you be able to bump these requests to higher-ups and at least change some perception of customer demand for tighter latency performance?

That would be the hope.  We actually have fq_codel implemented on the two latest generations of DSL routers.  Use sync rate as input to set the rate.  Works quite well.

There is also a bit of traction around speedtest.net's inclusion of latency under load internally.  My hope is that some publication in Norway will pick up on that score and do a test and get some mainstream publicity with the results.

-Erik