[Cake] [Rpm] [Bloat] [Make-wifi-fast] The most wonderful video ever about bufferbloat

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:57:39 EDT 2022

> On Oct 10, 2022, at 8:05 PM, Bob McMahon via Rpm <rpm at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
>
> > I think conflating bufferbloat with latency misses the subtle point in that
> > bufferbloat is a measurement in memory units more than a measurement in
> > time units.

Yes, but... I am going to praise this video, even as I encourage all the techies to be sure that they have the units correct.

I've been yammering about the evils of latency/excess queueing for 10 years on my blog, in forums, etc. I have not achieved anywhere near the notoriety of this video (almost a third of a million views).

I am delighted that there's an engaging, mass-market Youtube video that makes the case that bufferbloat even exists.

Rich