[Cake] [Bloat] A quick report from the WISPA conference

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 18 15:17:57 EDT 2022

Hi Sina,

[SM] Thanks a lot! Most recent discussion moved over to https://forum.openwrt.org/t/cake-w-adaptive-bandwidth/135379

> about cake-autorate and sqm-autorate, but ideally it would be fixed at a network level,

[SM] +1; autorate is a hack that should not be necessary (not trying to diminish Andrew's excellent work, but we should not have to do this).

> just not sure how to apply pressure (I'm in contact with the T-Mobile Home Internet team, but I think this is above their heads).

[SM] I think this ideally would be solved at the 3GPPP level, as ideally that would be backed into the low level protocols... and make information available for higher protocols, e.g. for the uplink getting the most recent RTTs or better OWDs to the basestation would make our lives simpler.

Regards
         Sebastian