[Cake] some comprehensive arm64 w/cake results

dave seddon dave.seddon.ca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 17:35:36 EDT 2023

G'day Dave,

Regarding the devices under test with Byte Queue Limits (BQL).

lychee pi ( https://wiki.sipeed.com/hardware/en/lichee/th1520/lp4a.html )
with driver "st_gmac" does NOT have BQL. ( not a great surprise )

Driver is:
https://github.com/randomizedcoder/cake/blob/main/device_info/lpi4a/ethtool_driver_end0

das at lpi4a:~$ /usr/sbin/ethtool -i end0
driver: st_gmac                                <-----------
version: Jan_2016
firmware-version:
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info:
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: no
supports-eeprom-access: no
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no

Jetson-nano has driver r8169 and is also not BQL enabled.
https://github.com/randomizedcoder/cake/blob/main/device_info/jetson-nano/ethtool_driver_eth0

Based on doc here:
https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Best_practices_for_benchmarking_Codel_and_FQ_Codel/,
the current drivers with BQL are:

das at t:~/Downloads/linux$ find drivers/net/ -name '*.c' -print | \
xargs fgrep -l netdev_completed_queue
drivers/net/can/spi/mcp251xfd/mcp251xfd-tef.c
drivers/net/can/usb/etas_es58x/es58x_core.c
drivers/net/can/dev/length.c
drivers/net/ipa/ipa_gsi.c
drivers/net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc.c
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/ucc_geth.c
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.c
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/sky2.c
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/emac/emac-mac.c
drivers/net/ethernet/socionext/netsec.c
drivers/net/ethernet/atheros/ag71xx.c
drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_star_emac.c
drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c59x.c
drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bcm4908_enet.c
drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bgmac.c
drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/b44.c
drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bcm63xx_enet.c
drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/8139cp.c                    <------- close,
but NOT r8169
drivers/net/ethernet/lantiq_xrx200.c
drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-rhine.c
drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hix5hd2_gmac.c
drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hip04_eth.c
drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hisi_femac.c
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/netdev.c
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000/e1000_main.c
drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/forcedeth.c

The st_gmac driver can also be seen here:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/4f82870119a46b0d04d91ef4697ac4977a255a9d/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c#L26

I guess I can take a look at creating an MR or two (2).

Regards,
Dave Seddon

--
Regards,