[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-bql-4 is out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:22:48 PST 2011

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/bql-smoketests/bql-4/

The complementary linux net-next kernel for it is up at:

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~d/bql/

Like anything based on net-next, install at your own risk.

In addition to everything that was in bql-3, these have the wireless
ipv4 and ipv6 diffserv patches in it, in preparation for submittal to
mainline.
Getting that into linux-3.3 is my last remaining goal for the year.

I am slowly digging out to where we are back to being functionally
equivalent to rc7-smoketest10. We're not there yet, and I don't expect
to get there for a couple weeks.

I've found, but not fixed, the bug in ahcp's startup script (quoting),
and the bug in isc-bind, and thus far otherwise seems stable (I'm now
using one router on a day-to-day basis)

On the AQM front, I'm getting much better results from QFQ on the
cerowrt side by reducing the hardware tx ring to 2, from the already
low 4. I need to move onto testing forwarding performance before
adopting this new, even lower value.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
FR Tel: 0638645374