[Cerowrt-devel] wireless battle temporarily lost, other battles in progress

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:32:38 EDT 2012

As wireless broke sometime after 3.3rc7-5, I've started a 'topic' branch
for builds until fixed.
I've also removed the 'borked wireless' builds from the website so nobody
is tempted to download them.

The wireless lacking builds will be in
http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/dev/ until further notice.

It is my hope that the lack of wireless on Linux 3.3.0 based openwrt will
annoy someone else enough to fix it.

I have enough on my plate (and enough hardware) to be able to ignore this
problem (for a while) while I work on other things.

On my plate has been, in rough order of priority

getting dhcp-pd to work
fixing netperf's diffserv command line interface
tracking changes to quagga and dnsmasq
fixing bug 113
fixing aqm-scripts
making sure samba wins support works again
rsync patch for diffserv + alternate tcp algos

Things that have landed since my last update

alttcp: a means to more easily select alternate tcp congestion control algos
dnssl support in kernel
dnssl support in dnsmasq
preliminary rsync patch
iw-3.4
iproute-3.3
iptables with ipv6 ecn support
rddtool with netperf's bloat script just worked (but ate 1.5MB of flash)

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net