[Cerowrt-devel] wireless battle temporarily lost, other battles in progress

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:32:38 EDT 2012

As wireless broke sometime after 3.3rc7-5, I've started a 'topic' branch
for builds until fixed.
I've also removed the 'borked wireless' builds from the website so nobody
is tempted to download them.

The wireless lacking builds will be in
http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/dev/ until further notice.

It is my hope that the lack of wireless on Linux 3.3.0 based openwrt will
annoy someone else enough to fix it.

I have enough on my plate (and enough hardware) to be able to ignore this
problem (for a while) while I work on other things.

On my plate has been, in rough order of priority

getting dhcp-pd to work
fixing netperf's diffserv command line interface
tracking changes to quagga and dnsmasq
fixing bug 113
fixing aqm-scripts
making sure samba wins support works again
rsync patch for diffserv + alternate tcp algos

Things that have landed since my last update

alttcp: a means to more easily select alternate tcp congestion control algos
dnssl support in kernel
dnssl support in dnsmasq
preliminary rsync patch
iptables with ipv6 ecn support
rddtool with netperf's bloat script just worked (but ate 1.5MB of flash)

Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608