[Cerowrt-devel] some of the advanced stuff (sort of) in cerowrt

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Wed Apr 11 15:37:17 EDT 2012

Hi!

Those are very exciting things you're taking about Dave and surely the way
to go forward.

But looking at cerowrt from my living room's perspective, if I may, I must
say that most crucial is the stuff that reduces latency,
bufferbloat; improves "snappiness"; provides flexibility and ease to using
apps. By that I mean:
1) QoS, ACM and bufferbloat work - which is very good at the moment for me
and I appreciate that very much!
1b) TCP FastOpen - indeed sounds exciting and but also Proportional Rate
Reduction (http://lwn.net/Articles/458610/)
2) UPNP / NATPMP / mDNSresponder - to help different apps reaching out - i
am sort of losing grasp of which package does what, they seem to be
intertwined (?) but cero has these packages currently (3.3.1-4) broken.
3) miniDLNA - DLNA is a good low-latency (?) / high-throughput use-case
within the wireless (laptops, picture frames) and wired (TV, NAS) home
network. Also minidlna package is broken too.
4) Some still sexy stuff for me: DNSSEC, IPv6

Regards,
Maciej