[Cerowrt-devel] 3.3.2-3 available

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:24:05 EDT 2012

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.2-3/

Things of note:

+ ipv6 and ipv4 now have comparable forwarding performance

Huge hat tip to Ketan Kulkarni and Robert Bradley for this one.
see  http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/360 for the gory details.

This does not just improve forwarding performance, it makes
things like tests done on the router have far more reliable
results. There's still a ways to go on #360, but we'll get there.

+ Linux 3.2.2
+ Default firewall rules now work with web interface
- Firewall rules still need more love and thought
+ My alternate firewall rule script works much better
- No way to make that into a gui
+ ccnx package fixed (thx stephen walker)
+ scamper package added (thx stephen walker)

http://www.wand.net.nz/scamper
http://www.caida.org/projects/ark/

+ gpsd updated to final release (thx lots of people)
+ quagga updated (bugfix)

+ Ingress and egress aqm shaper prototypes now exist in the deBloat repo
- Still only prototypes
- still no working dhcp-pd

At this time I consider the core features and code of cerowrt basically frozen.

About the only things I expect to land before release are a more final version
of dnsmasq, and I will probably update the kernel to 3.2.3 when it is released
to reduce the number of out of tree packages.

I don't have much problem in adding new packages to the build so long as
they work.

I certainly would like to resolve as many issues regarding this:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/362

as possible, soon. And then, of course, there's all the other bugs.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net