[Cerowrt-devel] 3.3.2-3 available

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:43:31 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Richard Brown
<richard.e.brown at dartware.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I see you've done a lot of really good work over the weekend. Two questions:

oh, no, I was mostly just sitting back in admiration of robert....

> 1) There are two mentions of Linux kernel versions in your note below:
> should they be 3.3.x? Specifically:

yes. finger foo.

> ... + Linux 3.2.2 ...
> - and -
> ... I will probably update the kernel to 3.2.3 ...

3.3.2 is the current version and I figure an update to 3.3.3 will be in order
(I'm carrying 5 out of tree patches that are queued up for that version)

> If not, then I guess I'm confused, and would like a little more background
> about the kernel and patches (3.3 vs. 3.2) that are present in the 3.3.2-2
> (and other recent) releases.
>
> 2) Should I begin incorporating this new info into the Release Notes page
> with an eye toward announcing 3.3.2-3?

I know I've been hesitant about pursuing formal releases and announcements.

I would really like my last 3 major bugs to be resolved before announcing
anything more outside of this core group.

I certainly would like to start at relnotes etc. But first up is resolving the
dhcp-pd, aqm, and darn it, I forget the third issue...

> Thanks.
>
> Rich
>
> On Apr 16, 2012, at 3:00 PM, <cerowrt-devel-request at lists.bufferbloat.net>
>  wrote:
>
> http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.2-3/
>
> Things of note:
>
> + ipv6 and ipv4 now have comparable forwarding performance
>
> Huge hat tip to Ketan Kulkarni and Robert Bradley for this one.
> see  http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/360 for the gory details.
>
> This does not just improve forwarding performance, it makes
> things like tests done on the router have far more reliable
> results. There's still a ways to go on #360, but we'll get there.
>
> + Linux 3.2.2
>
> + Default firewall rules now work with web interface
> - Firewall rules still need more love and thought
> + My alternate firewall rule script works much better
> - No way to make that into a gui
> + ccnx package fixed (thx stephen walker)
> + scamper package added (thx stephen walker)
>
> http://www.wand.net.nz/scamper
> http://www.caida.org/projects/ark/
>
> + gpsd updated to final release (thx lots of people)
> + quagga updated (bugfix)
>
> + Ingress and egress aqm shaper prototypes now exist in the deBloat repo
> - Still only prototypes
> - still no working dhcp-pd
>
> At this time I consider the core features and code of cerowrt basically
> frozen.
>
> About the only things I expect to land before release are a more final
> version
> of dnsmasq, and I will probably update the kernel to 3.2.3 when it is
> released
> to reduce the number of out of tree packages.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net