[Cerowrt-devel] Pointers on build setup?

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Mon Apr 30 11:14:50 EDT 2012

Regarding builds - can someone who is building cerowrt from source (including kernel) point me at the recipe for building it completely from scratch?

Besides running 3.3-2 on a 3800, I've begun my project to validate that Cerowrt can run on my ubnt RouterStation Pro box, which is preliminary to doing some experimentation on dense scalability that interests me.   I verified that it runs the latest stable Backfire release of OpenWRT this weekend, and it does so quite well.

My own private home build server is (essentially) a cluster of two AMD8160 8-core 32 GB servers connected with 40 Gb/s Infiniband and a 6-way RAID5 storage array on one of them that gives quite nice read performance.  I'm not worried about how long it takes to do a build...

Anyway - the recipe doesn't have to be perfected for me to use it - and I suspect it's similar to OpenWRT's build, so maybe pointing me to the best help for that and what the differences are would be great.

I promise I will write the "port" experience up and post it on the Wiki, in case others want to port cerowrt to other "OpenWRT platforms" of sufficient capabilities.

David