[Cerowrt-devel] development snapshot of cerowrt-3.3.8-21 released

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Tue Aug 28 21:28:25 EDT 2012

Dave,

Dave Täht wrote:

I spent the last two weeks hunting down memory related
issues and trying to fold in some development work I'd had
going already.

As best as I can tell, the core memory issues are killed dead; whether
this is due to freeing up tons of memory or by the various other stuff
remains to be determined.

Great work and excellent news!

But:

Under *no circumstances* install this release on your default router.

Yeah. A few short comments on 3.3.8-21:

1)  I cannot connect to gw.home.lan via DNS. Dig gives no answers. I can log in just fine on 172.30.42.1, etc. and config the router, etc.

2) More on the Hurricane Electric tunnel. After adding these lines to the config script on the wiki page:

uci set network.henet.adv_subnet=1        # added for 3.3.8-17
uci set network.henet.adv_interface=se00
uci set network.henet.adv_interface=sw10

I still cannot connect/get an IPv6 address on se00, *but* I can get addresses on all four wireless channels. (In retrospect, I believe this was true for 3.3.8-17 as well.)

3) Is it possible that DNS come back earlier in the boot sequence? It seemed that CeroWrt began responding within a minute (or so) to DNS queries, instead of the 2-5 minutes that I've seen with earlier builds.

Thanks again.

Rich Brown
Hanover, NH USA