[Cerowrt-devel] the "last" 3.6 kernel patches have landed for cerowrt....

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 06:18:41 EST 2012

I have been carrying around a picostation 2HP and gradually folding
back into the openwrt head build for it, all the kernel patches in
cerowrt-3.3 that were not accepted in this go-round with openwrt.

The highly specialized build for the nanostation M5 and 2HP is here.
You will need babel on to even see the device after flashing it.

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/ubnt/3.6/3.6.8-5/

Thanks to the timely intervention of Robert Bradly, the giant set of
hacks that double ipv6 performance on this hardware are now in there.

In my stay at the university of Modena I also worked with two of their
researchers and several of their students to also fold in qfq+ and bfq
(which is used in cyanogenmod on android, among other places).

Some documentation on BFQ and QFQ+

http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/
http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/agg-sched/short-description.php

And steven walker has been busy updating packages in ceropackages...

As sort of noted in some previous emails, the course ahead for ipv6
support in userspace is a bit murky at present...

I hope to start sorting that out and to get a build of cerowrt-next
(3.6 based)... as soon as that is sorted out!

I'll be in paris, working out of the Lincs.fr lab this week, looking
into issues with torrents, however.

I have a recording (that also needs editing) of simon kelly and I
talking about futures for dnsmasq, as well as one with david woodhouse
about ADSL... in addition to the talk about queue theory history
referenced previously....