[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.6.10-1 is out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:22:22 EST 2012

Get it from:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/3.6/3.6.10-1/

+ Merge with openwrt head (with latest ipv6 support tools)
+ TFO patches for polipo, httpping, netperf (that won't be too useful
until 3.7 is out)
+ updates to quagga, netperf
+ mild tweaks to nfq_codel (better mixing, but higher cpu overhead).
nfq_codel is the default on all interfaces.
I really need to benchmark fq_codel vs nfq_codel  (with a small
quantum) with 2 packet aggregates and 12 packet ones on wifi.
+ efq_codel made the default for simple_qos, ecn support removed for uplinks

I've set this version up in a full blown testbed at the lincs (with 3
routers, a delay box, and a server emulator, running a vpn).  I'm
pretty happy with it. I hope to be able to test dhcpv6 monday, at
which point I'd consider it to be a replacement for sugarland after a
couple more packages land.

In other news, I'm back in the US (just landed in NYC).

Also wrote a testy article about benchmarks with jg that got quoted in lwn...

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Best_practices_for_benchmarking_Codel_and_FQ_Codel