[Cerowrt-devel] Building patch..

Alex halo2 at aon.at
Sat Dec 15 18:08:52 EST 2012

Yeah, forgot too attach the patch before..
For the now old release as I found out too late.

-------- last Message --------
Hi!

Thanks for the nice project.

Building like described at
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Building_Cerowrt_on_your_own_machine

at least needs the diff added as attachment

and a
scripts/feeds install libgpgme
(for opkg-gpg)
so then a make menuconfig

left then are undefined symbol
PACKAGE_pptp
PACKAGE_libcrypto

still have to fix that
pptp got ppp-mod-pptp and so its only luci-proto-ppp
libcrypto is in libopenssl

and also a kernel_menuconfig

I think many of this things will be fixed in your environments? Or are
they just old.
Would be good for people who want to try it fast to apply my provided
patch and propably an better config and kernel config?

By the way, what brought me there is I'm searching for an easy way to
geht the relevant buffer/queue changes into openwrt, as building this
big release customized for one platform doesn't seem efficient to me for
deploying and testing.
Customized IP's, passwords dont make it easier too.
So can you propably give little help on where the patchset I seek could
be?

It's an interesting topic and I like to test it.
On my 2048/512 Kbit DSL only a few things seem to work as they should
(yea got an wndr3800 for that), so using VMs and x86 seems a better
approach for simulating by now.

Ah, okay, just found
http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/3.6/. Even x86 there as
vmdk, very nice.
Why dont post these links on the sites, and also for the build
environment or so?

Thanks

Alex