[Cerowrt-devel] Latest IPv6 Updates

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:19:46 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Steven Barth <cyrus at openwrt.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> the following updates / changes for IPv6 have been commited to OpenWrt in
> the last days. Most of these affect RFC 6204 CE-compliance, some are
> convenience changes.
>
> Feel free to merge and test CeroWrt.

I have merged with openwrt head, and updated to dnsmasq 2.66test4, and
also folded in the tiny luci upnp fix to the '&' issue. I'm not really
sure if that last is the right thing, it's supposed to be
translated...

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.6.11-4/

I am still not in a position to test anything cerowrt related myself
right now, although I am down to a mere 20 miles between me and the
yurtlab and 50 from isc.

I am relieved to hear that amazon claims they will get new supplies of
the wndr3800 by jan 5.

I am staring at the bunch of hardware I ordered in something of a
panic - dreamplug, wndr4300, the nanostations, a couple bus pirates, a
nexus 7, and trying to figure out a direction to move forward that
makes sense.

> * Detect and delegate IPv6-specific MTU from upstream interfaces (e.g.
> tunnels, pppoe, etc.) and propagate them to downstream interfaces
> (supporting cases where IPv4-MTU and IPv6-MTU differ, e.g. 6in4, 6rd, 6to4,
> ...)

Excellent! PPPoE?

> * Add a default null-route for delegated prefixes (CE-requirement WPD-6)
> This fixes routing loops in case packets with a destination within an unused
> / unassigned part of a delegated prefix are received.
>
> * Added support for site-borders (interfaces which ULA-traffic might not
> cross) as specified in CE-requirement ULA-4
>
> * Added support to override CE-requirement ULA-5 for NPT-setups (iirc not
> relevant if dnsmasq is used, as it does not follow ULA-5).
>

> Documentation on http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6 has been updated.
>

> Btw. Simon Kelley released 2.66-test4 which fixes some bugs related to
> stateful DHCPv6 and should make it usable finally. Also the new
> MTU-propagation mentioned above is now supported by dnsmasq as well.
> I haven't tested it myself yet but you can try if you are brave.

I folded in the same patches as were used in 2.66-test3.

A good default configuration for cero would be good, Not sure what that is...