[Cerowrt-devel] bql-37 is out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:38:31 PST 2012

Kernel 3.2.5 + BQL
Updates

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/bql-smoketests/bql-37/

The only tremendously user visible change is that
multicast dns worked out so well that it's enabled
by default on all interfaces except the default gw.

This means that the routed secure networks should
'see' resources on each other.

It also means that the routed guest networks can do the
same, but not necessarily access those resources.

since I felt 'gw.local' might collide with other machines
the router defaults to cerowrt.local at the moment.

While there has a been a lot else changed 'under the hood', most
of the new-est pieces are still flying in loose formation.

That said, this seems stable enough for day to day use
as a secondary router. I need to write up a bit more
doc on how to do that well.

As for being your 'main' router, that's still a ways away.

(for example the new shaper stuff is still command line only,
 and not quite done yet. It CAN be fiddled with at the
 command line...)

I'm not planning any more kernel level changes for a while
it's all scripts and gui and aqm, aqm, aqm, with maybe
a little ipv6 dhcp-pd thrown in.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
FR Tel: 0638645374