[Cerowrt-devel] Getting basics in place..

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 04:53:06 PST 2012

I regret that we are not at the point where cerowrt is independently
buildable, as the build process from the previous release has changed
significantly and is still in flux.

I HAVE finally got to where all the repositories are online on github
(cerowrt-3.3, cerowrt-luci, ceropackages, cerofiles-3.3), but it's not
obvious how to get the right packages overridden as I write, and
there are no doubt other problems.

The second url you pointed to is only a draft, and only works if the
build is directly on the build server, and was the questions that
another developer (each - evan hunt) had asked about it, and it's not
an actual howto...

I hope to get it independently buildable by the middle of feburary.

I wouldn't mind working one-on-one to debug that process with you, (or
anyone else that is interested)
in irc at around that time. It would be a goodness for more people to
be able to fully customize their build...

As for coping with bugs, etc, well, let me know a few you are
interested in working on and I'll try to help nudge you along.
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Ketan Kulkarni <ketkulka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I am very new to cerowrt and trying to get hands on the code and other
> activities in the project.
> I have been following bufferbloat blogs, mailing lists and the bug lists for
> a while.
>
> I tried building cerowrt using instructions on this -
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Building_CeroWrt_on_your_own_machine
> and
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Cerowrt_33_Build
>
> However, I am not yet confident whether I built it right.
> Moreover not sure of the next step I should be doing to get involved in any
> sort of developments.
>
> I may also not be aware of the development methodology, what to test, how to
> test, where the code is and where to start looking for the code.
> Just looking at the bug list as well, I couldn't figure out how to recreate
> the issues and where to look for those :-(. (May be I am too naive??)
>
> Would really appreciate your help in getting my basics in place.
>
> Thanks,
> Ketan

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608