[Cerowrt-devel] WNDR-3800 build from source

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 04:58:29 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
>> I hope to have gathered the final requirements for the next
>> release by the end of next week, and to start producing
>> truly usable-as-your-default-router builds...
>>
>> as soon as I start getting those builds into the new, improved
>> and updated bloatlab #1... and a couple other things land...
>>
>> which I hope would be in about a month.
>>
>> In the meantime I note that more cerowrt news and traffic can
>> be had on the cerowrt-devel list, and needent be on 'bloat'.
>> We're also trying to get better about putting out news on the
>> site, as well.
>
> Hi Dave, is it possible to use your build system to build my own
> cerowrt firmware for a wndr-3800?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. I'm building for the wndr3800
already. If there are packages you'd like me to add, now is a good
time to ask.

If you are awanting to do your own builds from sources, all the
sources (I think) are now published on github, but the build process
is in flux and badly documented. My principal promise is that the
build process will be finalized in under a month...

If you are asking to access the build server directly, after several
nightmares occurred on doing that we've been a lot more tight about
allowing direct access to that of late. I would love to have a
handhelds.org style shared build environment, actually, but there
needs to be more privilege separation for that to happen...

> I'm not sure I can wait for another month.

I appreciate the eagerness!

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net