[Cerowrt-devel] some random updates
dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 23:12:47 EST 2012
I am trying to make sure I communicate at least once a week.
Last week had some ups and downs to it.
- There's a new version of the openwrt toolchain that I'm steering
clear of for a while
+ linux 3.3rc3 built and just worked. (I will announce a version that I consider
stable enough to try, if it continues to prove out, but need to fix
ntp bug first)
+ quagga has babel support now
- quagga's babel support is incomplete
+ quagga has support for ra announcements, potentially obsoleting radvd
- quagga has no support for rdnss announcements
+ quagga has pimd support
- quagga's pimd support is out of tree
+ dibbler doesn't crash on a single interface now, does on multiples
- dibbler-pd wants to divide up whatever subnets it gets into smaller
subnets, even <64
+ bind 9.9rc2 'just worked'
- isc-dhcp doesn't share libs with bind9, and I still haven't got
around to testing it's pd
+ libval works now
+ there's a ntp patch for dnssec now
- it needs libval, and pthreads, and doesn't work (evan and I spent
the weekend on it)
+ avahi's .local support is a real win
- avahi's .local support doesn't seem to work on ipv6
In other words:
Progress has started on the biggest bugs outstanding. There seems to be
movement, however jello-like. Various folk from all over are helping
out and things
seem to be converging somewhat towards an end goal, in a herdlike catlike way
+ In particular I made some progress on improving openwrt's qos shaper
- only to run into http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/338 on ipv6
(which I can't duplicate right now)
+ ula addresses can get a system up on ipv6 from the getgo
- automating that, and coping with dhcp pd when dhcp-pd is no fun
Lastly I'm thinking a few things in more detail about the future.
One: cerowrt's naming scheme could become tied to the kernel release,
so I could do a series like cerowrt-3.3rcX-y, rather than the
'bql', or 'paris', or 'rc', and have it be meaningful enough
without being as 'stressful' as actually having a 1.0.
Two: I'd like to actually tie an honest release date to sometime shortly
after the release of linux-3.3.1.
Three: I'm rather vague on how to do that, still.
Hopefully this week will be better. In the meantime, pay no attention
to the man behind the curtain! Or, if you do, send flowers for V-day.
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
FR Tel: 0638645374
More information about the Cerowrt-devel