[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [Babel-users] [Denis Ovsienko] a preview of Babel, new routing protocol, is available

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 02:48:23 EST 2012

I am happy to see the babel protocol (what's in cerowrt by default) is now
taken up into quagga.

Quagga has long been available as an option
in cerowrt, and I would like to have the integration with other
EGPs (such as BGP) to be able to seriously in cerowrt, as
well as to be able to more easily do a 'face-off' between
babel and other more well known protocols such as OSPF.

This doesn't mean that the next release of 'cero' will have
quagga based babel in it! Perhaps the one after, however.

Having a routing protocol in cerowrt has been a great use
in testing, in a peculiar way - when an interface fails for any
reason on the testbed, I see it rather quickly reflected in
the routing table... and I've extolled the advantages of
seamless wired to wireless networking and back again
elsewhere.