[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt 3.3.8-1 and related
dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:19:23 EDT 2012
I have updated cerowrt 3.3 to Linux version 3.3.8-1 and merged with
My goal for this release was simply to get caught up with openwrt, then push
out the remaining useful cerowrt stuff into openwrt. After taking 3 weeks
off it's amazing how difficult it was to get back in sync.
Changes in this release:
+ Linux 3.3.8
+ netifd support (more dynamic application startup/shutdown management)
+ Bind 9.1.1-P1 (Fix for a CVE)
+ transmission and transmission web server (uTP) added
+ Jabber chat server added
- I accidentally took a step back on dnsmasq (2.61 to 2.59)
- Firewall rules still need work (transmission support, block port 81, too)
- High performance hang (#379 and friends) untested (but possibly improved)
- UPnP work needs to be folded in
- quagga and gpsd didn't build
There are exciting things happening on the quagga front with babel -
there is a security architecture being prototyped as I write that
As for the gpsd issue, there was a flurry of controversy over how best
to stick it in openwrt, and obviously whatever one I picked lost.
And, of course, fq_codel is running on all interfaces.
I will try to resolve these issues by sunday and get out a 3.3.8-2
Let me know if any new ones have cropped up.
More information about the Cerowrt-devel