[Cerowrt-devel] Still trouble with 6in4 tunnel

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Sun Jun 10 10:23:39 EDT 2012

Folks,

I have been working off and on to get IPv6 addressing working on multiple interfaces on CeroWrt 3.3.6-2. I can make it work on any single interface, but not two at once.

I did ask on the openwrt-devel list, but got some unhelpful answers (they said that my demo file had the wrong info because I had obfuscated my userid and password). Furthermore CeroWrt *is* somewhat different in that each of its interfaces has a different subnet, and I suspect this may be related, and thus my question:

Here's my setup: I have a 6in4 tunnel from Hurricane Electric working fine. When I ssh into CeroWrt and ping and traceroute to IPv6 addresses, everything work as expected.

I tested the attached script from a fresh installation of CeroWrt 3.3.6-2. The script assigns two interfaces with IPv6 addresses from the /48 that HE assigns, like this:

uci set network.se00.ip6addr='2001:470:8a63:100::1/64'
uci set network.sw10.ip6addr='2001:470:8a63:200::1/64'

Restarting the router with this configuration allows one to work, but not the other. Specifically, my MacBook gets an IPv6 address on one interface, but after unplugging and switching to the other interface, it does not get an IPv6 address. (It may be related to which interfaces was up/had something connected when the router  when it restarted.)

My questions:

1) Are the commands in the attached script "going in the right direction"?

2) Should I be assigning separate /64s on each of the interfaces?

3) What other information could I provide?

Once I get this working, I'll update my posting on the wiki - http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/IPv6_Tunnel Many thanks.

Rich Brown
Hanover, NH USA