[Cerowrt-devel] Baby jumbo frames support?

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Sat Jun 16 08:54:03 EDT 2012

Digging deeper, there is also a good reason for bigger frames when one is using 600 Mbit 802.11 signalling ( that's 75 bytes per microsecond).  A 1500 byte frame occupies only 50 microseconds of airtime. Not much return for the investment in contention time (5-10 microseconds) by the transmitting station.  9000 byte frames would be good, just as they are for GigE.