[Cerowrt-devel] [Babel-users] Babel for Quagga status

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:00:13 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Denis Ovsienko <infrastation at yandex.ru> wrote:

>> Basic functionality
>> *******************
>>
>> For IPv6, Babel/Quagga should be just as functional as the standalone
>> implementation.
>>
>> For IPv4, you need to have a prefix on your interfaces that covers all
>> your neighbours, and the prefixes on all of your interfaces must be
>> disjoint.  This is standard practice in traditional networks, but of
>> course not in pure meshes.
>>
>> You can check whether you're bitten by that by typing "show ip route";
>> if any of the Babel routes are marked as inactive, that's probably your
>> problem.
>
> There are commits in RE-testing-0.99 addressing onlink nexthop management in zebra and babeld. The problem should be gone on Linux, could anyone confirm?

I have put this version of quagga-re into the Ceropackages-3.3
repository  for openwrt, which I keep on github. It does compile, but
I'm not in a position to test right now. Ceropackages can be added to
any given openwrt feed, and built for any target (hint, hint)

However I did put these new quagga binary packages for the wndr3700v2
and wndr3800 up with a very "testy" cerowrt release (with some
problems that I need to resolve before making a build more widely
available ! notably a firewall issue or three )

They are on my dev box at:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.8-4/

I'm *delighted* to see this fix as well as the cool new authentication code.

SKYPE: davetaht
http://ronsravings.blogspot.com/