[Cerowrt-devel] 3.3rc5-1 is out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:30:41 PST 2012

3.3rc5-1 is out at:

This was the first time I've had a chance to try to actually deploy
cero as the main router in a production environment (esr's) in quite
some time. Enough problems cropped up for me to recommend against
doing that at this point, although I am writing this email through it.

I did get some good data on how FIOS works (short summary: it's *hard*
to stress out fios)

Kernel 3.3rc5 + 83 patches to get it closer to rc6
gpsd 3.4+ package (from git head, trying to fix a PPS problem)
bind9.9.0 (released version)
dibbler-client (git head, fixing a crash with multiple interfaces)

A couple bugs have crept in due to bitrot, some of which I've bug
reported. The most severe appears that I have a problem with
power-save and crypto at 2.4 ghz in this (trouble with an android
phone, and the like)

firewall: syntax has changed, rules notably re ipv6 have changed,
all kinds of problems with multiple interfaces
6to4: distributing 6to4 addresses onto interfaces didn't work
ipv6: radvd doesn't always manage to distribute an address
(multicast? client side problems?) - usually crops up on more modern
wireless interfaces
ipv6: dibbler-client eats 100% of cpu after being idle overnight
ipv6: dibbler-client wants to 'own' radvd
bind9: needs allow-recursion

I'm pretty sure that most of these bugs have existed in prior releases, with the
exception of the wireless power save one... which was kind of hard to trigger.

Dave Täht
SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608