[Cerowrt-devel] What version of CeroWrt is running at http://jupiter.lab.bufferbloat.net.

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Fri Mar 16 23:00:02 EDT 2012

Dave,

> Heh. It's the main router for the lab... it runs dns... it has a vpn
> on it... it's running rc6... it's STABLE.
>
> I've updated 4 (out of 9) of the machines in the lab thus far, and
> basically plan
> to cycle through them all with successive releases before updating jupiter.

OK. It's just my consistency-checkin' nature.

Not yet. I'm going to check out Hurricane Electric's http://tunnelbroker.net this weekend.

> http://europa.lab.bufferbloat.net as another (both ipv6 and ipv4)
>
> I'd appreciate knowing that port 81 (the router's configuration web
> server) and ssh were indeed blocked
> from the outside world.....

Clicking the link on Europa goes to this URL: http://europa.lab.bufferbloat.net/bgi-bin/redir.sh, which tries to go to http://europa.lab.bufferbloat.net:81, which ultimately fails. Same thing with Jupiter.

You can also test this using my favorite web-site testing tool, Rex Swain's HTTP Viewer at: http://www.rexswain.com/httpview.html It shows the complete HTTP transaction along with redirects to see what's actually happening.

re: SSH...

ssh root at jupiter.lab.bufferbloat.net gives 'ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host'
ssh root at europa.lab.bufferbloat.net gives 'ssh: connect to host europa.lab.bufferbloat.net port 22: No route to host' (!)

but dig shows europa.lab.bufferbloat.net. 82758 IN	A	149.20.63.19, so I'm not sure what that implies.

Rich