[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.3.0-1 not worth using unless you want to help fix bug 113

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 03:39:54 EDT 2012

I have had everybody hit bug 113 in the last month.

and as we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of this bug, with no
resolution, I decided to try and fix it again,
by adding in the dnssec-tools patch to ntp.

Now, with that patch... ntp is doing it's own validation... and failing that,

and although it is supposed to try again with validation disabled, it
isn't, so we NEVER get time.

Mar 19 02:38:09 OpenWrt daemon.err ntpd[4205]: select() error:
Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 19 02:38:10 OpenWrt daemon.err ntpd[4205]: select() error:
Resource temporarily unavailable
Mar 19 02:38:10 OpenWrt daemon.info ntpd[4205]: DNS response for
2.openwrt.pool.ntp.org failed validation

three steps backward, totally unusable dnssec, name service, and ntp.

We need to tear apart the patch this is keyed to, build it on a normal
x86 box, make it work, and try again.

I like the idea of dnssec, but boy, I hate this bug. Can I get a
volunteer not as scarred as I on this front
to pull down the ntp patch, and make it not fail?

https://github.com/dtaht/ceropackages/tree/master/net/ntpd

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net