[Cerowrt-devel] printer problem, netmask & renumbering....

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Thu Mar 29 13:11:43 EDT 2012

My problems with my printers might be related to netmask problems.

We ended up putting the wireless into 192.168.1 this time.

This is a problematic renumbering if the goal is to preserve a
192.168.1.x to be existing, probably hard wired ethernet.

It's probably the case we should only renumber the one network, leaving
the netmask alone, leaving all the wireless network addresses alone.

I'll try a netmask change to see if that makes the printer work before
updating its firmware.

But not for a while; I forgot I had an eye appointment today and trying
to do this while my eyes are recovering from dilation is not my idea of fun.
                    - Jim