[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: 3.3.6-2

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Thu May 24 12:32:16 EDT 2012

On 05/24/2012 12:18 PM, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On May 24, 2012, at 8:44 AM, Robert Bradley wrote:
>
>> On 24/05/12 04:48, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
>>> A) under moderate wireless stress I get a lot of allocation failures from slub, like:
>>> [ 1221.664062] ath: skbuff alloc of size 1926 failed
>>> In the routers dmesg. And every now and then the router crashes and reboots (I have not yet found a way to make this happen reliably, it seems to require some uptime)
>> This looks to me like a possible memory leak somewhere, but I'm no expert.
> 	Not being an expert I concur.

My router's /tmp/log/babeld.log had grown to almost 256k. (and my router
had been flaky).

So I suspect that's making grim trouble as /tmp is a tmpfs: e.g. coming
out of ram.
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        247936 May 24 12:27 babeld.log

Tail on the babeld file had:

Couldn't determine channel of interface gw00: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw10: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw00: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw10: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw00: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw10: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw00: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw10: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw00: Invalid argument.
Couldn't determine channel of interface gw10: Invalid argument.

I should probably have grabbed a copy before nuking the file.  /me bad....

Will put into redmine...

                          - Jim