[Cerowrt-devel] [Cerowrt-users] QOS settings vs speedboost and random bandwidth

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Nov 26 09:22:36 EST 2012

    Dave> to move the fq_codel algorithm into the cable modem, OR to have the
    Dave> cable modem exert flow control like ADSL modems do. Then have the
    Dave> smarter device (the router) then do smarter queuing.

I was unaware that DSL models were doing this... is this with GbE
ethernet level XON/XOFF?   Should I assume that any DSL model with less
than a GbE sync doesn't/can't have it?  Any brands you'd like to
acknowledge?

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.