[Cerowrt-devel] Next release plan (sugarland-2)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:38:25 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Dave Taht wrote:
>
>> Fiddling with qos effectively however requires I get some netem boxes
>> up to simulate long RTTs. While I have got the vyatta boxes to do so,
>> they are short on documentation, and I haven't even got a console
>> prompt out of them yet.  Might acquire more/different boxes. Might get
>> the time and bum the hw to slam a video card into them to get them
>> updated. Don't know yet.
>

> can you setup a linux box with the iptables delay module as a router between
> your nodes to go this?

The boxes I used to use for this task (callisto, carme, snapon and huchra)

were retasked to keep the openwrt buildbot system humming, and running
packets through a heavily loaded box leads to "interesting" results.

http://buildbot.openwrt.org/buildslaves

I'm heading up to the isc co-lo today to see what I can hack back
together in the bloatlab.