[Cerowrt-devel] How to close default open firewall ports in 3.3.8

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:22:16 EDT 2012

Several ports are open, but filtered, using various means. Does this
tool not show filtered?

For example, rsync and ssh are enabled but the default settings in
/etc/xinetd.conf prohibit access via any but your internal private
ips.

Telnet and ftp ports (not services) are enabled, but are there to
trigger sensors to disable other services in the advent of an attack
from inside or outside of your firewall.

You can close ports more fully to the outside world via the gui,
editing /etc/config/firewall and/or do finer grained access control
via /etc/xinetd.conf and /etc/xinetd.d/

The web port (80) defaults open, the web configuration port (81) does
not. The intent here is to enable you to put up your own local web
pages.

See the onboard and wiki documentation for more details.

Thx for trying cerowrt!