[Cerowrt-devel] next cerowrt release plan (of sorts)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:53:35 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Other things in my backlog are two multicast responder-like daemons -
>> but can't remember their names mldna?
> It was minissdpd and miniupnpd, which are pre-requisites for allowing
> minidlna to work between multiple network segments like we have in
> cerowrt with 172.30.42.X/Y/Z...
>
> What needs to be done is:
> 1) add minissdpd and miniupnpd to the build
> 2) patch their default configs to cater for lan->se00 sw00 sw10 and wan->ge00
>
> miniupnpd will also allow portforwarding negotiation for things like
> IM clients and, say, uTorrent. Also, it will score in netalyzr support
> for UPNP.
>
>> If you have trivial feature requests, please make 'em now!
>> If you have code you want to check in, please get them in by tuesday!
> See attached CRLF file. Since I had trouble and low patience for
> getting a normal cero build to even get a new package in, sorry for
> sending non-patch file with instructions. If it's unacceptable, please
> let me know, I'll try to juggle time to try again.
>
> p.s. have fun in Sugarland :-)

I see that a minidlna package is in the main package feed for openwrt,
but it doesn't want to feeds install. The version you pointed me at in
the previous mail is someone's checkout of another feed. It would be
more fruitful to have this be working in openwrt first....

It could be that my feeds database is borked?

same goes for sdpd. I'd kind of prefer the maintainer of the package
push it out into openwrt mainline, or make it available as an official
alternate feed I can pull a checkout from in cerowrt, rather than copy
directly into ceropackages.

Does "trondah" have a public email addy?

cc-ing our packager emeritus...

> Regards,
> Maciej

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki - "3.3.8-17 is out