[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.38-26 "sugarland" is out

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:24:20 EDT 2012

My principal goal in this release was to have something that didn't
crash under even the heaviest of loads, that could indeed be deployed
as a default gw again (after some more serious testing especially with
long RTTs)

I've been beating up on it. so far, no crashes. (I didn't test much
more than the wireless thus far, though)

Apologies: I didn't manage to get dlna and friends to work. Now that I
know what needs to be done perhaps we can get to it on the next
release.

I did fix a few other bugs across the tree, in addition to resyncing
with openwrt mainline. gw.home.lan works now, as one example. (using
dnsmasq. bind9 is no longer the default dns server, but can be
installed optionally). Most of what I outlined in the tentative
release plan is in there.

There are three versions of fq_codel in there, nfq using the current
ns2 model, efq that removes some single-fifo scaffolding, and the
original fq_codel, as well as a stand-alone codel and ns2_codel. The
default is nfq_codel with a 1000 quantum.

I've pushed out the source trees and tags and fuller release notes
will come in the morning. In the meantime, the brave, bold and daring
can get it at:

http://huchra.bufferbloat.net/~cero1/3.3/3.3.8-26/

Why "sugarland"? See: http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4566  Never before has
a software release been done from such a warm and furry place. Let me
know soonest if any shoggoths rise.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki - "3.3.8-26 is out
with fq_codel!"