[Cerowrt-devel] OpenVPN?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 01:55:53 EDT 2013

I used to include openvpn as part of the default build of cero. It broke
entirely in the the 3.7.5 release so it was removed. It is fixed in the
3.8.6-2 release but it appears the luci gui is currently marked as broken
in openwrt head.

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.8.6-2/

You can get the openvpn-openssl and openvpn-easyrsa packages via

opkg update
opkg install openvpn-openssl

I note I'm not huge on generating rsa keys on devices with minimal entropy.

I also note that either vtun or openvpn could use some debloating and love,
in that when I last pounded a lot of data through it, it had interesting
drop characteristics, and that it appears useful to attach fq_codel to a
vtun interface in some cases.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Stephen Hemminger <
stephen.hemminger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any Cerowrt instructions to enable openvpn. Or is it the same as Openwrt?

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html