[Cerowrt-devel] almond

Felix Fietkau nbd at openwrt.org
Wed Apr 10 18:14:48 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-09 5:12 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> It looks so close to what I thought a home wifi router would look
> like... in 1999.
>
> If it's openwrt, or open source, it would be nice to see the tree. The
> reviews of the product seem to say it's a run-of-the-mill device
> performancewise....
I just took a look at the kernel binary inside their firmware image.
It's a Ralink MIPS based device running 2.6.21. Unfortunately there
doesn't seem to be a source code download link, and the binary looks
like it may be problematic wrt. license issues as well: the proprietary
Ralink wifi driver seems to be statically linked into the kernel binary.

- Felix