[Cerowrt-devel] atomic route updates?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 05:33:17 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:
> I think I remember to fix ssdp you brought some of route cache and igmp
> back.

No. What I did observe was that for the past 2+ years, routing
behavior kept changing in subtle ways, and I am hoping it's all
perfect now.

the igmp bug was due to openwrt being too agressive on removing
useless cruft from /proc, thus breaking a few userspace tools. Been
fixed a while now.

> Do we know if cero routed setup without route cache can work with
> ssdp? I wouldn't like to force bringing back route cache just for ssdp.

Routes are routes. The route cache was an inefficient means of
theoretically speeding up route lookup and has been eliminated, that's
all. Route lookups still happen, just not through an over-abstracted
cache mechanism.

> I'm OK to test this scenario.

goferit.