[Cerowrt-devel] Multicast

William Katsak wkatsak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 08:06:35 EDT 2013

It seems that a lot of people are interested in IGMP proxying in order
to watch multicast IPTV streams from their ISP.

In my case, I am using the router to run two subnets, one for actual
stuff, another for non-trusted people to use the Internet.

I would like to be able to do Ghost imaging (Ghost is running in the
primary subnet) of the machines in the non-trusted subnet, but it seems
that the multicast traffic isn't going through properly. I CAN do this
within the primary subnet.

I got igmpproxy running and can see the route announcements in the log,
but I assume I have it mis-configured. Maybe I will go back to pimd and
play with that.

I guess if all else fails, I can always switch the VLAN of the port that
serves that segment when I want to do imagine and switch it back later
:)   ... I just thought this might be a good opportunity to try and see
if I can get multicast to run properly.

Thanks,
Bill

P.S. This router is still running Sugarland...should that be an issue?