[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt 3.8.8-4 released

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Apr 25 03:45:41 EDT 2013

Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks to Dave and Toke for adding the Network/AQM tab to the GUI. As
> Dave says, "No more fiddling with scripts". Any words of wisdom for
> choosing one of "simple.qos" and "simplest.qos" over the other?

Basically, "simplest.qos" is "simple.qos" without explicit diffserv
handling, leaving prioritisation in the hands of fq_codel's thin/thick
flow logic. Dave found some bugs in the diffserv matching code, which
led to simplest.qos as an alternative approach which seems to perform
well. So I would suggest trying out simplest.qos and seeing if that
works well for your workload. If it doesn't, see if simple.qos is
better. Bonus points for posting details on the difference :)

-Toke