[Cerowrt-devel] hardware suggestions?

Collin Anderson cmawebsite at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 20:44:29 EDT 2013

Hi All,

After 5 years of knowingly suffering from high latency from uploads
through Comcast, I have finally discovered the term "bufferbloat" and
am glad to see that at least some people are pushing for better
queuing algorithms. I use ssh all day for making websites at work and
would like to eliminate, or at least reduce latency from buffer bloat.

What hardware should I buy? Netgear WNDR3800? I want to buy the same
hardware as you all so when I find repeatable bugs I can complain and
you can reproduce them. :) I want something reliable and easy to get
set up and configure.

Also, if you want to get some data and find bugs with CeroWRT, it
would be cool if I could just install it and check a "send statistics
and crash reports" box. I'm not much of a kernel hacker myself. I
mostly stick with making websites with python. If I'm not helping to
improve CeroWRT, I might as well use OpenWRT if it has decent AQM and
is a little more reliable.

Thanks,
Collin