[Cerowrt-devel] Field Report on CeroWrt 3.10.24-1

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 00:16:01 EST 2013

I did a tftp install of CeroWrt 3.10.42-1 on my secondary WNDR3800. I then used the “secondary” script to reconfigure the subnets and SSIDs to be different from my primary CeroWrt router. I know that a lot of things are still in flux, but I thought I should comment that I noticed the following:

0) It seems to work mostly. I could connect my MacBook on Ethernet, but not wireless (see below) I ran RRUL with reasonable results (I think)

1) Only the ge00 interface was in its proper firewall zone (wan); I used the GUI to move all the gwxx to guest and se00 and swxx interfaces to lan.

2) None of the wireless SSIDs (2.4 or 5 GHz) allowed connections. It appears that they’re there, my MacBook sees them, but it cannot get an address for itself on those SSIDs.

3) Clicking the AQM tab gave the following diagnostic info:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/aqm'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/aqm.lua:63: attempt to index global 'sc' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

3a) To work around this (as noted in another message on the list), remove leading “s” of line 63 of /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/aqm.lua to read:

c:depends("advanced", "1”)

4) In the AQM tab, I’m not sure which linklayer adaptation mechanism to use. It would be good to have a concise summary of the proper settings for various use cases. (And to install a set of defaults that will “do the right thing” for the majority of people, so we don’t have to explain it very often.)

5) I did *not* try the Hurricane Electric 6in4 tunnel.

Best regards,

Rich Brown
Hanover, NH