[Cerowrt-devel] Field Report on CeroWrt 3.10.24-1

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Dec 15 07:46:25 EST 2013

Fred Stratton <fredstratton at imap.cc> writes:

> Such as user, I argue, is capable of reading a wiki.

Sure, put the long explanations in the wiki. But the whole point of
having a GUI (IMHO) is discoverability of options, and to contain enough
of a reference that it's not necessary to look at the documentation
every time, even for a seldomly used feature.

That being said, I agree that the GUI should not contain pages of
explanation. But a very terse explanation with a link to the wiki for
more information would work, I think. I.e. enough text to jog one's
memory after having read the wiki the first time around. :)

-Toke