[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.24-5 dev build released

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Dec 17 23:34:32 EST 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Rich Brown wrote:

> - From what you’ve said, I don’t have much hope for doing it automagically.
> But maybe we can provide clues to help the customer do to the right thing.
> Perhaps the first dropdown could be “Link Layer Adjustments (used on DSL or
> ATM)” with options for “None/ADSL/SDSL/VDSL over PTM/VDSL over ATM/PPPoATM”
> and maybe others. CeroWrt could automatically set the proper link layer
> adaptations for each. We could also include a link to the wiki for a flow
> chart for setting each of these cases, especially the questions they should
> ask their ISP.

Let's start with the first question, what is the difference between these as far
as what the config should be?

forget the GUI or automated settings. If I am configuring a Cerowrt box
mmanually, what should I set differently for the different types of configs?

What is the impact of getting it wrong? (if it's like VPN overhead where setting
the rate just slightly too high results is lots of wasted 'airtime' by setting
it too low results is a amall amount of wasted 'airtime' then a low enough value
to be reasonalbe everywere is a good default)

David Lang