[Cerowrt-devel] treating 2.4ghz as -legacy?

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Dec 18 09:06:37 EST 2013

dpreed at reed.com wrote:
    > I know it will just trigger raging arguments, but it turns out that 5 GHz
    > propagates far better in normal housing than does 2.4 GHz.

I believe you, and the physics.
The question is perhaps, do the 5Ghz access point and stations implement
everything correctly to get this benefit.

    > Please don't repeat this urban legend.   Don't believe *anything* you read in
    > The Register about EM waves, and don't believe computer scientists about
    > electrical and electronic engineering.

/me BSc. Physics (high-energy).
I even took the 4th year EM course from EE.

My 2.4Ghz spectrum has a periodic (120s or so) blast from something which
makes ssh often unuseable... then it goes away for a few months... I have
some screen captures somewhere from wavemon.

More radios, I agree.